Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Time to wait

Went to the midwife yesterday. I got drained of blood so they can run initial tests. Let's hope all come back negative!

I did find out that my Dr. will follow me all the way through the pregnancy. She'll even wear a beeper starting at 36 weeks so she can come to the delivery. I guess since they have a smaller patient to Dr. ratio than say an ob/gyn they are able to do that.

The facility seems nice where they have a team of a midwife, family practioner (my doctor) and an ob/gyn all working together. The hospital where I'll have the birth is supposed to be a bit more personable and is known for it's birthing center. So that all seems nice.

I won't have another appointment for another 5 weeks. They will see if they can hear the heartbeat at that time (might be a bit early) and will do a head to toe physical (joy!). So I've got a little time to wait.

Marty found out that he has a definite date for Belgium at the end of February. We'll see if I get to go with him.

Later

No comments: